On November 20th, our own Alison Malsbury will lead a presentation on CBD & Cosmetics at the 2019 Emerging Issues Conference in Marina del Rey, California. Her presentation will focus on the contentious landscape of hemp and CBD topical products, which she has most recently written about here and here.
As CBD continues to impact markets from textiles to beverages to wellness, we can only anticipate the laws around manufacturing, branding, distribution, and consumption (to name a few) will grow more complex as we enter 2020. Alison has been a leading voice on cannabis and help-derived intellectual property developments, both domestically and abroad, and she regularly helps companies navigate the complex and ever-changing IP issues related to CBD products.
You can register for the 2019 Emerging Issues Conference here! We hope to see you there!
In the meantime, please check out Alison’s writings on industrial hemp/CBD and cannabis intellectual property in the global market:
- Cannabis Trademark Litigation: Web Platform Liability (Mr. T v. Leafly)
- Cannabis Trademarks: Don’t Sleep on the Amazon Brand Registry!
- FDA Provides Much-Needed Marketing Guidance to Vape Manufacturers
- Cannabis Trademarks: Understanding the Opposition Process
- Should U.S. Cannabis Companies Seek Trademark Protection in Canada?
This article originally posted …: Canna Law Blog